What is the Warrior Drop-In Center All About?
The Warrior Drop-In Center is a chill zone that was created at the request of the students. It provides a safe and judgement-free space for students to rejuvenate and continue the rest of their day with positive vibes.
The Warrior Drop-In Center should be used for students who are emotionally regulated. It is neither a replacement for quiet lunch nor for students who are in a crisis.
What to Expect:
- A relaxing atmosphere
- Soothing music
- Stress-relieving activities
- Homework area
- Comfortable seating
- Room 201 (across from the CV Middle School/High School Guidance Suite)
Availability Starting November 28 (Study Halls Only - Current limit is three students per each study hall)
- Mondays: Middle School, Periods 3-7
- Tuesdays: High School, Periods 3-7
- Wednesdays: Middle School, Periods 3-7
- Thursdays: High School, Periods 3-7
- Contact Community School Coordinator Jacqueline DeAngelo:
- [email protected]
After performing research and surveying their peers, the idea for this room was originally presented by the CV Middle School Make a Difference Club near the end of last school year. CV Community Schools Coordinator Jacqueline DeAngelo has helped to make their vision into a reality. The students helped with a ribbon cutting to officially celebrate the opening of the space.