Chenango Valley is excited to continue the character strength education program called “The Positivity Project” (or “P2”) throughout the district for the 2022-2023 school year. You may see the hashtag #CVP2 in various publications throughout our district to help highlight this program.
The program is part of a nationwide movement and is focused around positive psychology’s scientifically-validated 24 character strengths. Students will discover ways to recognize these strengths in themselves and others to help build stronger relationships with their school community.
Weekly focus areas can be found throughout our district calendar in a red font on Sundays of that week.
The program’s hashtag/motto is #PositivityInAction. It asks students to reflect on the following mindset:
- Identifying and appreciating the good in others.
- Knowing that my words and actions affect others.
- Supporting others when they struggle.
- Cheering others on when they succeed.
- Being present and giving others my attention.