Waiting for the Bus
• Be ready at your pick-up location five minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
• While waiting, stay away from the road and pay attention to your surroundings. Don’t move towards the bus until it is completely stopped and the driver gives the signal to leave the curb.
Getting on the Bus
• Get on the bus one at a time and use the handrail.
• Find a seat and sit down immediately.
• Don’t carry large or sharp objects. Keep loose items inside your backpack. Items that do not fit on the bus seat, or take another child’s seat, will not be permitted.
Riding the Bus
• Don’t disturb the driver. Be respectful, courteous and quiet.
• Follow the driver’s and monitor’s instructions.
• Do not put head, arms or other objects outside window.
• Keep the bus aisles clear of objects.
• Stay in your seat until the bus stops.
Getting off the Bus
• Once you’re off the bus, walk ten giant steps away from the front of the bus if you have to cross the street. Be sure you can see the driver, and cross in front of the bus only when the driver signals that it is safe.
• Cross to the middle of the road and check to be sure all traffic is stopped. Look left, look right and look left again.
• If you drop something while getting on or off the bus, ask the driver or bus monitor to help.