Good Evening Port Dickinson Families and Students,
We simply cannot wait to welcome you all back for the first day of the 2023-2024 school year! Please carefully read the following important reminders:
- TOMORROW - Thursday, September 7, is the first day of school for Kindergarten-2nd Grade students. It is also our Pre-K Orientation (Families may attend either the 10:00-11:00 a.m. or 1:00-2:00 p.m. session).
- Friday, September 8, is the first day of school for Pre-K students.
- Fun Club: Before School Program is held at Chenango Bridge. After School Program is held at Port Dickinson. A bus will transport Before School students from Chenango Bridge to Port Dickinson.
- All Drop Offs and Pick Ups will occur ONLY at the Security Entrance.
- Drop Off is at 8:40 a.m., however, we will accept early arrivals beginning at 8:10 a.m. Please walk students to the Security Entrance and ensure they are safely inside before departing.
- Dismissal will begin promptly at 3:05 p.m.There will be separate signs with QR codes to scan for students with last names beginning with A-L and M-Z.
- Once you have scanned the appropriate QR code, please proceed to the Security Entrance and have a valid photo ID ready to show staff.
- Two lines will form at the Security Entrance doors (families will not enter the building):
- Students with last names beginning with A-L will dismiss from the LEFT SIDE of the Security Entrance.
- Students with last names beginning with M-Z will dismiss from the RIGHT SIDE of the Security Entrance.
- There is no parking in the Bus Lane or Fire Lanes. Please park only in designated parking spots, or on the streets surrounding Port Dickinson. Our SRO and local safety partners will be present to support parking and traffic flow during dismissal.
Please be patient, especially at the start of the new school year, as everyone adjusts to the new procedure. Remember - the number one priority is the safety of our students, families, and staff!
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you very soon!