Hello Chenango Bridge Students and Families!
I hope you are having a great start to your Thursday!
Please see important Chenango Bridge Elementary information below...
CB Calendar of Events
- May 1-24:
- PTA PARP One District, One Book Begins - Please see below for more details.
- May 12:
- Warrior Wear Friday
- CV Middle/High School Band and Chorus Visit CB - Morning Assembly
- May 15-18: CB PTA Scholastic Book Fair - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KE9drlaP1p9j_VUhUhC8Arf1iPv0yKl2/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105519975309809305528&rtpof=true&sd=true
- May 16:
- MS Staff Visits Fifth Grade Classrooms to discuss the transition to CV Middle School
- Science Fair viewing for all CB Students
- Budget Vote and School Board Election in the CV High School Auditorium from 12:00-8:00 p.m.
- CB PTA Scholastic Book Fair Night Event from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- CB Science Fair in the CB Multi-Purpose Room from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- May 17: BOE Meeting at the CV Middle/High School at 7:00 p.m. (or Zoom public viewing option)
- May 18:
- CB Band/Chorus Dress Rehearsal - Fourth and Fifth Grade Band/Chorus Students to the High School Auditorium for Rehearsal
- CB Spring Concert in the CV High School Auditorium at 6:30 p.m.
- Please reach out to Miss Solan with any continued questions, concerns, or to talk.
- May 19:
- Half-Day Schedule - Dismissal Begins at 12:05 p.m. (For planning purposes - usual dismissal begins at 3:05 p.m.)
- End of the 35-Week Mark
- Warrior Wear Friday
- May 20: CVE PTA Traffic Safety Event - CANCELLED
- May 22:
- Third Grade AG in the Classroom - Cranberries
- Fifth Grade NYS Math Field Test- This is not a formal assessment and is only practiced to provide data to NYS.
- This will have a set end time and will not require students to complete it.
- May 23:
- 35-Week Progress Reports Sent Home
- Fourth Grade AG in the Classroom - Maple
- May 24: Third Grade Field Trip - Please reach out to your student's teacher with any questions, concerns, or to talk.
- May 25:
- Warrior Wear Thursday
- CB P2/Olweus Assembly
- May 26-29: No School - Memorial Day Recess
CB Health Office
From Mrs. Armagno: We are still seeing a number of cases of strep throat in our building. Secretions from the mouth and nose of an infected person can spread strep throat. Symptoms of strep throat include fever (not always present), sore/red throat, enlarged tonsils (sometimes with white marks), headache, nausea, vomiting, stomachache, and fatigue. Please take your child to the doctor's if these symptoms occur. As always, please remember to wash your hands.
One District, One Book
All Chenango Valley Elementary Students will receive a copy of Wishtree by Katherine Applegate. There will be an optional reading per evening (calendar below) for CV Families to take part in. All students, families, and staff can read the book over the course of May. We are so excited about this partnership with our CVE PTA - thank you for all you do to support literacy in our district!
*Please note there will not be a video recording on the district website as previously communicated - thank you for your understanding.
Please be mindful of parking and traffic safety in our Chenango Bridge parking lot during dismissal. As a reminder, families are more than welcome to park in the church lot across the street for more parking and space during our CB dismissal.
Warrior Wear Friday
Every Friday is "Warrior Wear Friday" at CB! Please remember to wear your red and gray every Friday! If you are in need of this attire, please reach out to our Guidance Department at (607) 762-6950.
As always, please reach out with any questions, concerns, or to talk - always here to support our students and families.
With such pride in this building and our work together, Tom Curry
Chenango Bridge Elementary Principal
741 River Road
Binghamton, NY 13901
(607) 762-6950 [email protected]