Food Services Information for the 2022-23 School Year
Our goal for the Chenango Valley Central School District is to ensure that all students have access to nutritious breakfast and lunch throughout the school year. We want to share updates for student meals at all school locations.
FREE-OR-REDUCED MEAL APPLICATIONS/INFORMATION (2022-23): CLICK HERE
Meals/Meal Price Information:
- There will be no charge for breakfast for Chenango Valley Central School District students.
- Port Dickinson Elementary and Chenango Bridge Elementary students will continue to receive their breakfasts in the classroom.
- Chenango Valley Middle and High School students will have a grab-and-go style breakfast.
- Breakfast vending machines are also available at both Chenango Valley High School and Chenango Valley Middle School. Please Note: Due to a system transition, there will be a delay in the use of breakfast vending machines for the first few weeks of school. During this time, breakfast will be available solely through cafeteria serving lines.
- Due to the end of government free meal waivers, students will again pay for lunches throughout the district, beginning in fall 2022.
- Student Lunch Prices for the 2022-23 School Year:
- Elementary Student Lunch Price: $2.60
- Middle/High School Student Lunch Price: $2.85
- All Chenango Valley families are encouraged to fill out a free-or-reduced meal application annually.
- 2022-23 Free-or-Reduced Application/Information: https://rockoncafe.esvbeta.com/FreeReducedInformation_CV.aspx
- Beginning in August, free-or-reduced meal applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be made available at the link above, in the 2022-2023 district calendar (a physical copy of the calendar will be mailed to families of CV students later in August), at each school building's main office, or by calling 607-762-6928.
- If you have questions regarding the application, you can contact Rosa Shelp, of Rock on Café, at 607-766-3926.
- If you would like help with filling out an application, please contact CV Community Schools Coordinator Jackie DeAngelo at 607-240-3177.
- All Chenango Valley school lunches will be served through the serving line and lunch will be consumed in cafeteria areas.
Payment for Meals:
- For Chenango Valley students and staff, the following payment methods are accepted:
- Using EZ Meal Pay/My School Bucks located on the Chenango Valley website. (My School Bucks will transition to EZ Meal Pay in September. Any funds put into My School Bucks will transfer to EZ Meal Pay at that time.)
- Checks made out to Chenango Valley Food Services will be accepted at the registers for deposit onto student accounts.
- Cash will be accepted at the registers for deposit onto student accounts.
- Students may pay with cash.
- Remaining 2021-2022 student funds on My School Bucks accounts will be transferred over to the new EZ Meal Pay system as of September 26, 2022.
Thank you for supporting our school nutrition program. We are dedicated to serving our students the safest, tastiest, and most nutritious meals possible.
Have questions or need more information?
Please contact John Marino, CV Food Services Manager, at 607-762-6928.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.